Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Little Change

Originally I was just going to post up little sketches I have done but I think I am going to change it up a little bit and do posts more based on what I have been working on throughout the week.

So, first off, I have an official opening date for my joint show with Kate Boyan (livingbeadwork.blogspot.com), called Birds, Bugs, & Bones.  It will be opening June 6th this summer up in Juneau and will run, for, most likely, 2 weeks.  I am so excited, but extremely nervous too, this will be my very first show... Aaaaa.  I have a couple small pieces finished already but I really need to get started on some larger ones.  I think one of my main hang-ups is that I have no where to store any large pieces right now.  I think I am going to need something like this:

They are a bit too expensive for me, so I am going to see if Joe might help me to build one, and then maybe I can get going on some bigger projects.

Here are a couple small pieces I have finished for the show...



Most of the work I do, and like doing, is black and grey pencil, but I have been wanting to play around with something new.  I traded some art with my dad for some art supplies, and one of the many goodies he sent to me was a brand new set of Dr. Ph. Martins water colors.

They are so amazing, but I need a lot of practice with them.  I have been playing around with them and really enjoying working with some color.  Hopefully I will be able to come up with a way to incorporate them into the show.


This week I have decided that I am going to try and get one painting done each day, three days so far :)
Tomorrow I'll hopefully have one more to show :)

No comments:

Post a Comment